What comes first in our mind when we hear the name Dashain??
Dashain is the biggest and auspicious festival of the Hindu religion. Also, it is the national festival of Nepal. Dashain is the only festival that is celebrated for the longest of 15 days. It is the festival of pleasure, happiness, and the process of creating proper vibes through forgetting antique clashes. And also emphasized the importance of family reunions. Dashain is the special festival that represents the victory of goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura. On these special days, People worship the 9 Avatars(Forms ) of the goddess Durga(Nava Durga): Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri, Siddhidatri.
Nepalese celebrate Dashain for 10 days, among these most important dates are 1st, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th and the importance of these dates are explained below:
Ghatasthapana is the first and beginning day of Dashain. It is also known as kalasthapana, which represents the goddess Durga. People fill the Kalash with holy water and barley seeds. After several days we can see the long and yellow sacred grass(Jamara) on that Kalash and that Jamara is used in Dashami as a blessing of goddess Durga.
It is the seventh day of the Dashain festival. Fulpati represents a sacred flower with leaves that are placed near the Kalash on that day.
It is the eighth day of the Dashain Festival. People celebrate this day by worshiping the weapons and giving sacrifices to animals in the name of goddess Durga.
It is the ninth day of the Dashain festival. Especially on this day, people worship the machinery items by praising the goddess Durga.
Vijaya Dashami :
It is the tenth day of the Dashain festival which is the greatest day for a family reunion. People receive tika, Jamara, and Dakshina(money) with lots of blessings from their elders.
Dashain Tika Saait:
The best time for initiation of tika is constant. According to the international panchang chairman, Prof.Dr. Madhav Prasad Bhattrai has prepared the auspicious saait for 2078.
Dashain Tika in Nepal time at 10:19 am on 29th Asoj 2078(15th October 2021).
Best auspicious saait in different countries according to the International panchang chairman Prof.Dr.Madhav Prasad Bhattrai :
Countries name with date and time for tika:
- Nepal: 29th Asoj 2078(15th October) at 10:19 am
- United States: 15th October 2021 at 11:05 am(New York City)
- Texas: 15th October 2021 at 11:57 am
- California: 15th October 2021 at 11:45 am
- England: 15th October 2021 at 11:39 am (London)
- Lisbon Portugal: 15th October 2021 at 11:37 am
- France: 15th October 2021 at 11:41 am(Paris)
- India: 15th October 2021 at 10:35 am
- Japan: 15th October 2021 at 10:35 am
- Sydney Australia: 15th October 2021 at 9:43 am
- Melbourn: 15th October 2021 at 9:43 am
- Brisbane Australia: 15th October 2021 at 9:51 am
- Malaysia: 15th October 2021 at 10:35 am
- UAE: 15th October 2021 at 10:43 am
- Qatar: 15th October 2021 at 10:21 am
- Thailand: 15th October 2021 at 10:33 am
- South Korea: 15th October 2021 at 11:27 am
- Israel: 15th October 2021 at 10:37 am
- Singapore: 15th October 2021 at 10:41 am
- Hongkong: 15th october 2021 at 10:49am
- Saudi Arabia:15th October 2021 at 10:25 am
- New Zealand: 15th October 2021 at 10:15 am