How many lives are at risk during an abortion? The health condition of some people becomes very critical. Therefore, only performed by a legal health institution, in a reasonable period of pregnancy, after completing the required procedure can be considered safe.
However, having it is not beneficial in itself. It affects a woman’s uterus and reproductive health.
These are risky situations in Abortion
– Fever of more than 100 degrees for more than 48 hours
– Excessive bleeding
– Bleeding due to blood clots
– Bleeding for 4-5 days after operation
– Excessive pain in the lower abdomen
– Feeling weak
– Loss of appetite, sleep problems
– Odor discharge from the vagina.
– Changes in the habit of urinating and defecating.
– Bleeding in urine or feces.
– Dizziness, fainting.
It takes 1 to 6 weeks for an abortion to return to normal. Abortion is safe when performed by an experienced physician at a recognized health facility. One in a hundred women can have serious problems. Menstruation can be irregular in women. Having sex can cause pain. Bleeding lasts for more than 3 weeks. Severe abdominal pain for 2 months, feeling emotionally weak. Having pelvic inflammatory disease.
Don’t panic if a liquid like milk comes out of the breast after it. This is due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. This problem will go away on its own in a short time. If the problem is serious, it is best to see a doctor. Some studies have shown that women who choose abortion in their first pregnancy not only endanger their health but also pose a risk to their unborn child.
In that case, the woman has a 37 percent chance of having a premature baby in the future. Women who have an abortion in the first pregnancy also have an increased risk of losing weight during childbirth. These risks persist in premarital. Studies have also shown that drug-related abortions are relatively less risky than surgery.
Monitoring should be done after abortion
A medical examination should be done two weeks after the abortion. This helps to know the condition of the uterus. Because after an abortion, there may be an infection of the uterus. The wound during the abortion should be inspected for healing.
Sometimes there is a fear of bacteria entering the uterus. Therefore, it is mandatory to undergo a health examination after an abortion.
Ninety percent of abortions are performed before the 13th week of pregnancy. The sooner an abortion is performed, the better. The number of weeks you are pregnant should be calculated from the first day of your last menstrual period. If you are not clear on that, you should have an ultrasound scan.
It is good for your health that, if you do not want to get pregnant, take appropriate contraceptive measures on the advice of a doctor.
Contraceptive measures are a good option
How many types of contraceptives are available now that are safe? These contraceptive measures can be used to eliminate the fear of pregnancy. Having unsafe pregnancies and the stress and hassle of having an abortion.
Things to look out for after an abortion
-Drink enough water.
– You should rest for a few days.
– Get a deep and complete sleep.
– Let’s not do any exercise for 2 weeks.
– Swimming for 2 weeks, do not use the bathtub.
– Do not lift heavy materials for 2 weeks.
– Do not have sexual intercourse for 3-4 weeks. Even then, it is not okay to have sex unless you are physically and emotionally fit.
– You can get pregnant two weeks after the abortion, so take another method of contraception.